Sunday 22 February 2015

Ok yarn. You win.

I bought this lovely yarn from a fairly local (the next province over) dyer last month.  It's from Yarn Ink, who has a shop on etsy.


I love the colours!  I immediately wound the brown and blue skein into a ball and used it cast on socks.




It's so lovely to work with.  It feels so nice and soft and silky. The yarn is 75% merino, 20% nylon, and 5% sparklies.  There's just one problem.  The yarn doesn't want to be socks.  It wants to be a scarf.


I've tried to ignore it.  I love the way it's knitting up as a sock. But every time I pick up the needles to work on it, the yarn just nags at me.  "Make me a scarf.  Make me a scarf."

So, I'm giving in.  I'll be frogging the sock, and making a scarf out of it instead.

BTW, the lovely yarn bowl was part of my Christmas gift from my friend Val.  Isn't it lovely?

Have a great week!

Maureen

2 comments:

  1. Seriously you are just helping a local fiber artist, I mean it is the least you can do to sacrifice yourself for that yarn. It is gorgeous, how could you pass it up?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me, too! Yarn that wants to be something else. Fabric that wants to be something else. Dance choreographies that want to go left when I want them to go right. Lol! Learning to go with the flow should be my new motto. I love the yarn bowl...have never seen one of those before! Nice to meet you...am spending the morning randomly clicking on blogs on people's side bars. Found yours on SusanBeingSnippy. Good morning!

    ReplyDelete