Sunday 1 March 2015

Personal Sock Club--March Edition

My friend Lindsay introduced me to this.  The idea is that you make your own sock club by taking the sock yarn you already have, put the skeins into individual boxes, and put them away.  At the beginning of each month, you pull out one of the boxes, open it, and that's your sock yarn for the month.

I didn't have boxes, so I used paper bags instead.  I chose 11 skeins from my stash, put them into plastic sandwich bags, and then into paper bags which I stapled shut.  The bags were then put into a bin for storage.


I finally finished my February socks this morning, so this afternoon I put my hand into the bin and chose a bag at random.


And this is what was in the bag!


Lorna's Laces Solemate yarn; the colourway is called "The 'L' ".  It's now wound up and the first sock has been started.

I just flipped channels, and Star Trek IV is on.  So I'm going to be knitting, sipping a cup of tea and toasting to my favourite Vulcan.

Live long and prosper!

Maureen

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed Star Trek - pity about Leonard Nemoy. I always enjoyed watching him in Star Trek and other things too.

    ReplyDelete