Thursday 8 May 2014

Quilt Show Part Two

After I made my purchases, I toured the quilts on display.  There are really some amazing textile artists around here.  The picture quality isn't as good as I would like since I was using my phone to take pictures.

There were traditional quilts, like this log cabin.



This was made up from blocks made by several people.


The picture really doesn't show how amazing this quilt is.  It spirals into the centre, and the quilter used metallic thread and crystals to really make it shine.  It deserved the ribbon it won.


This quilt is incredibly detailed.

The quilter used hand embroidery for many of the details.


I love this seal!

Now that's a work of art.  I can't imagine how long this took to complete.

More quilts to come!

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment