Sunday 4 May 2014

Regina Prairie Piecemakers Quilt Show 2014

I'm still getting over the bronchitis, and was faced Saturday with lots of things to do, and not enough energy to do all of them.  So, I had to make choices.  The yoga was out, and unfortunately I didn't make it to the Regina Weavers and Spinners Guild retreat.  Regina's first Fan Expo was also out.  I did make it to the quilt show, though, and even that was close to not being done.  I made the choice to use my energy for the quilt show as it was closer and only happens every two years.



My plan at quilt shows is to hit the vendors first, and then take my time browsing the quilts.  I was telling myself that I didn't need to buy any fabric, until I came across this


It's a line of fabric from Northcott called Oh Canada!, and for every metre of fabric sold, Northcott is donating a percentage of sales to Quilts of Valour-Canada.  How could I pass that up?


I also bought this pattern to go with it, but I'm not sure if I'll use it with the fabric or not.


Finally, I picked up these books about felting.  I've been thinking about trying some felting, so these may help.

I took some time to wander through the quilts, and tomorrow I'll post pictures.  There are some amazing textile artists locally!

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment