Tuesday 21 February 2012

W.I.P Wednesday (on Tuesday!)

No progress made on any of my quilting projects.  The basket case wallhanging is still sitting on my crafting table, exactly where it was last week.

Lots of knitting happened this week.  I took one of my projects with me when we went to Saskatoon on Saturday, and worked on it in the car.  Last night was knitting group night (chinese food and knitting...two very good things!)

These are the two Baktus scarves I'm working on



And the other scarf I'm working on


With my lovely assistant.

A cold is creeping up on me today, so lots of tea is the prescription.  As well as something sweet!


A cup of sweet milky tea on the right, and a Dr. Oetker mug cake on the left.  Yummy!

Linked to The Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday

12 comments:

  1. There is just something about variegated wool. What an interesting concept, a mug cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarves are great! Baktus is on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a microwave mug cake recipe somewhere but I have never tried it:) Love you assistant. I hope he gets treats for helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking to TN&TN! I love seeing knitting. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    : )
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. greetings from Saskatoon!! Nice to meet another prairie quilter :)
    I don't knit..but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarves are gorgeous -- I am susceptible to varigated yarns when they come on sale but I can't seem to keep up with the increasing pile of yarn! As bad with yarn as with fabric! How about passing along the mug cake recipe? Used to make cake in tin cans in the 70's, but a mug would be prettier than a old campbells soup can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple recipe! Go to store (I went to Sobey's), go to the cake mix aisle. Find the box of Dr. Oetkers mug cake mix. Add 1/4 cup milk to mix, and stick in microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Let sit for couple of minutes. Enjoy the nummy!
      :)

      Delete
  7. Your knitting looks great, especially with your lovely model! Hope she got extra treats for all the posing involved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute scarf weight. I thought only kitties liked to hold down the yarn. Sure like the idea of a "cup" cake.
    In stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is one of those scarves for you? We always knit for all and sundry and never for ourselves, it is part of my New Year's resolution to spoil myself a bit....
    Cake-in-a-cup is my son's default breakfast, he makes it gluten-free by using buckwheat flour. I love that it doesn't mess up my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the blue Baktus is for me. The other one started out to be for me, but is just not colours that would look good on me.

      Delete