Friday 18 April 2014

Friday Finishes

I'm still working on my crafting resolutions.  Mostly that means I've been knitting socks.  I'm currently working on my 7th pair, but pair five is hibernating because I'm not sure I like the yarn enough to continue.

These one was Pair Two.  Like all of my socks, they are from Kate Atherly's Basic Ribbed Sock pattern.  The yarn is The Wacky Windmill's Crazy Sock in the Shee-Shee Froo-Froo colourway (isn't that a wonderful name?).  I finished these while I was in Victoria.  The Wacky Windmill has an Etsy shop...check her out!


Pair Three was made using Zitron Trekking Pro Natura.  This yarn has a bamboo blend.  These, and the pink pair that I made earlier in the year, will be great when the weather gets a little warmer.


Pair Four is hibernating.  I'll probably finish them eventually, but other yarns have been callling.

No picture for pair Five yet, but they're a fun pair made from Opal yarn I bought in Victoria.

Pair Six was finished last weekend.  The yarn is Lorna's Laces Solemate in Cermak.  I love working with Lorna's Laces, and the finished product is comfortable.  The blend for Solemate is 55% superwash merino, 15% nylon, and 30% Outlast which is "a rayon fiber technology that continuously interacts with a body's microclimate to moderate temperature from being too hot or too cold".*


* Quoted from the Webs description of the yarn.  It's on sale right now!

I have a definite preference for blue!

Maureen



No comments:

Post a Comment