Sunday 27 April 2014

Road Trip!

A week ago Thursday (the day before Good Friday), my sister and I were both off.  So we decided to drive up to Saskatoon for the day.  It's warm enough that we could take the dogs with us, and not too warm for them to stay in the car.

Our first stop is always McNally-Robinson book store.  I got a few fibre related items there; the spring Quilter's Connection magazine, the March/April Handwoven magazine, and a book called Woven Scarves, which has designs specially for rigid heddle looms.

One of the things that is great about McNally-Robinson is that they have an actual shelf for spinning and weaving books.


At Chapters, you're lucky to find a single book on either topic.

Another automatic stop for me is Periwinkle Quilting.  I'm glad I follow their blog, because they have moved since the last time I went to Saskatoon.  I'd have had a heart attack if I'd have pulled up to their empty store on 8th Avenue!  They're now on Broadway Avenue, beside the Extra Foods store.


Karen stayed in the car with the dogs, while I browsed.


I was talking to one of the ladies in the store.  See those boxes at the top of the shelves of fabric?  They are cardboard boxes that have been wrapped with quilt tops.  They made a lovely decoration.


And these framed pieces of fabric!  I have a few orphan blocks that I might do this with.


Loved the new store!

Had a really good day.  We went to Fuddrucker's for lunch, did some shopping, took the dogs for a short walk by the university.  It felt like a nice spring day.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment